Wednesday, March 10, 2010

32 Weeks

Pregnancy: 32 Weeks!!! 8 Weeks left!!!!

Weight gain/loss: Yep, I gained more! :) Dr told me I was a little on the high side for weight gain and needed to exercise more! :) lol I am feeling pretty good with my approx. 11-12 kg weight gain. He said he would give me 3 kg. more.***Koreans tend to me obsessed with weight, so the weight comment came to no surprise!!!!***

Here is a little pregnancy progression to celebrate the weight gain!!(12wks, 22wks, 32wks)
Maternity clothes: Still a mix of regular and maternity clothes. Just found out that H&M has opened in Meyeong-dong(a trendy shopping area in Seoul) and they have maternity, nursing & baby/kids clothes!!! YAY!!!!

Stretchies: I'm lathering up 2 times a day with oil and lotion!! I still don't think I have got them, yet. Jon tells me I do not have any.

Sleep: I slept better this week!!! I am not sure what I did differently but I woke up 4 of 7 nights with NO back pain!!! YAY!!!

Feeling: I love being pregnant! I have been feeling really good! I can tell that the extra weight with my frame isn't the best, but I still enjoy it!!

Best moment(s) this week: We finally ordered custom dining chairs for our table that we have had since October. :)Then Monday we received our baker's cart for the kitchen and finally a box from my Mother-in-law that was stuck in customs(story below list)!!! It was massive & filled with GREAT surprises!!!!

1.Boppy Pillow
2.6 PJs(really cute!!)
3.little 3 mo. jean shorts & polo(so cute!!)
3.Packets of Ranch dressing mix & taco seasoning 16 total
4.6 pasta sides......Delicious! :)
5.2 bags of lindt truffles!!!!(don't tell the Doc!)
6.Medela BPump & accessories

(Men you may skip this section :))

Now ladies you obviously know what I am talking about when I say BPump right?!? Well, try explaining it to Korean customs! I called in because we had not received the package on time and the Korean lady explained she had some questions regarding the contents of the package. She needed to know what a "Bu-Rest-A Poomp"(best Konglish ever!) was before it could be released!
Konglish (Korean: 콩글리시) is the use of English words (or words derived from English words) in a Korean context. The words, having initially been taken from English language, are either actual English words in Korean context[1], or are made from a combination of Korean and English words. It is considered a sub language.[2] Common sentence structure or vocabulary mistakes made by Koreans has also been referred to as Konglish.[3][4][5] Words and phrases borrowed from English or other languages may be shortened if Koreans using them feel they are too long.[6]

Well, duh! I was like BABY, FEED BABY,you know MILK!! She still did not get it! It's not like it was a bomb! Was I just supposed to come out and say "Lady, it's to milk your girls!!" I went through thirty minutes of torture explaining bpump, bmilk storage bags, bmilk storage bottles, lanisoh bpads....... ah! Anyway, you get the point!

We also received a very special outfit from our Aunt Becky, Uncle Dave & Cody! It was a black & red Adidas soccer outfit with little soccer shoes!!! Jon's favorite soccer team is AC Milan so he was thrilled!

Movement: Still really active! I can feel exact body parts now! Elbows, feet, his little butt!

Food cravings: Right now I am craving a Goldie's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Twister(only made by my cuz Kylee, she's the best at them!!)For those of you that don't know what Goldie's is. It's a local ice cream shop where I grew up! Yummy!
So on a quest to find a replacement I found a recipe for egg less cookie dough. I made it today.......it is not the same! It will do for now and it is better for the baby. I thought Jon would be thrilled with cookie dough in the fridge. Well, I was wrong, it didn't fool him either. Now I just need to test it with my previous Hot Fudge Sundae concoction.
(also, a S&S Special from Sugar Shack.....Chocolate ice cream with Reese's peanut butter cups! DeLISH!)
**Maybe that Korean doc was right! :) NAH!!!!

Labor signs: Nope, just Braxton Hicks. Is that better Jon? :) He didn't understand what I meant by BHicks in a previous post.

Belly button in or out: Sometimes flat & sometimes REALLY popping out!

Things I miss: Family & Friends! WINE! I have been watching the caffeine....so I really miss my regular amounts of coffee!

What I am looking forward to: Heading to the Baby Expo this weekend! My 27th Birthday on St. Patty's Day(THE best day to have your birthday, Thanks Mom!)!!!!! And a VERY special present my husband gave me early! I will explain that next week!

Next Appointment: Thursday, April 1st @ 1:55pm for ANOTHER ultrasound and doc visit. They are crazy with the ultrasounds!!! I have had a completely healthy/normal pregnancy(thank goodness!) and I have already had ultrasounds at 9,13,23,29 weeks and now this one at 35 weeks. Crazy!

Milestones: 8 weeks left!!!

Interesting Facts: Not really an interesting fact, but here is what Lincoln most likely looks all crammed in my belly : )
Weekly wisdom: Hmmm.... Well, this has nothing & yet everything to do with pregnancy.....

I have always known that I have been extremely blessed with an amazing God, amazing family, amazing friends, but this week I once again was reminded of what a great person my husband truly is. He is a hard worker and committed to everything he does... God, school, work, family, friends, me and now adding in our son. He is always striving to not only keep a great balance between them all but to improve every relationship to the absolute fullest. I respect and love him so much for everything he does for our family! He is going to be an exceptional father. He will not always be perfect, but he will always be working to be better! To me that is more admirable than perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment